Monday, September 17, 2012

Howdy y'all ...


Howdy to anyone and everyone who happens to read this! Today’s edition will be a brief introduction to me and who I am.

I guess a very important thing to know about me is that I am a Texan through and through, and make no apologies for it.  I wear Wranglers, boots, and a Resistol (if you don’t know what that is, see the black thing on my head in the profile picture!), I carry a gun everywhere I go, and I love my family with the fierceness of a pack of coyotes! I am very happily married to the most wonderful country girl God has ever created and look forward to coffee on the front porch with her at a very old age.  I am a conservative BUT, that’s not what this blog is about, so I won’t spend a lot of time trying to convince my readers that I am right and that they are wrong, or pontificating (love that word!) on the moral ineptitude of today’s politicians. Nor will I apologize for my beliefs, opinions, or statements. Now that part is over, I hope that you enjoy what you read,   and please feel free to comment on anything I post. I plan to have fun with this, and hope that you do too!

Now, since the name of this literary piece of….genius…is “the Coop”, I’ll explain how I came to that title. Although my wife and I both work full time jobs for the county, our hearts are on the farm. Our dream is to eventually own acreage and start a little farm of our own. Nothing huge, just something to help us become more self-sustaining. We both come from farming families and want to get back to the basics of living a simple life together. We raise chickens right now and are really enjoying the fresh eggs every day! Our flock isn’t big (yet) but everything has to start somewhere. You can see our flock at our ranch’s website, rockingpmhranch.webs.com. Please go visit us there, and let me know what you think!

Hopefully the disjointed narration above hasn’t made you decide not to read on but if it has, you probably wouldn’t enjoy reading what I have to say anyway, so why waste time!

 

Until Next time,

The Coop. 

2 comments:

  1. I vote your next post includes a picture of you in the coop with a chicken roosting on you. ;)

    ReplyDelete